Job no: 492491
Work type: Full Time
Location: Darwin, Tindal
Classification: DHA Level 4
The Service Delivery Group is responsible for meeting DHA’s delivery objectives for high quality housing services, including, provisioning, maintenance services, stock management, housing allocation and living-in accommodation booking services. The Property function is responsible for the delivery of Developments, Constructions, Leasing, Acquisitions, Sales, Upgrades and Heritage programs.
As a member of the property and tenancy team within your regional office, you will contribute to the business outcomes of your regional office including accurate data analysis, adherence of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), monitoring of contractor performance and attainment of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
As a Property Manager you will manage a portfolio of service residences with respect to tenancy, ownership and property related matters. You will manage your housing stock in regard to condition, presentation to DHA’s standard, current and future maintenance and issues arising. You will also provide excellent customer service to your stakeholders including the tenants and owners (lessors) of properties in your portfolio, the Defence Housing and Relocations Manager and DHA staff in your regional office and in the wider DHA network.
This role requires highly developed organisation skills, coupled with strong attention to detail and an ability to cope under pressure. Your excellent communication skills and customer service focus will be integral to this position when dealing with internal and external customers.
You will have the following skills to be successful in this role:
- Strong communication skills, with particular emphasis on active listening, influencing and expressing opinions with credibility.
- Experience in a results driven and customer service focused environment.
- The ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- The capability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Experience balancing work commitments and working well under pressure.
Appointments in the Australian Public Service are merit-based. We will make an assessment of your suitability by looking at what you have done previously – the knowledge, skills and experience you have built, your potential for development, and your personal qualities.
For this role, we will consider how well you:
- Manage a portfolio of service residences with respect to the presentation to DHA standards, tenant interactions, maintenance and other property related matters within DHA’s agreed SOPs.
- Conduct property inspections, identify tenant liability and coordinate the preparation of properties for incoming tenants, in accordance with DHA’s standard of housing.
- Identify and arrange maintenance services to be undertaken in line with budgets; including raising work orders, monitoring progress, following up and authorising payment upon completion.
- Manage and update DHA systems efficiently and effectively to ensure properties are returned for tenancy within set timeframes to meet KPI objectives.
- Respond to internal and external customer enquiries and requests in a timely manner, providing pro-active advice solutions, and escalating complex queries to team leaders.
Applicants are short listed based on the merit principles contained in the Public Service Act 1999.
Please note: Darwin position will be offered as non-ongoing for 6 months with a possibility of extension.
Tindal will be offered as ongoing.
Any Order of Merit established from this selection process will remain active for up to 12 months from the date of this gazette and may be used to fill future ongoing or non-ongoing roles.
View Position Description
AUS Central Standard Time
AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Employee Referral Apply now