Director, Portfolio Management
Job no: 492271
Work type: Full Time
Location: Head Office
At Defence Housing Australia (DHA), we provide quality housing and related services to Defence members and their families. This helps support the operational, recruitment and retention goals of the Department of Defence.
Corporate Strategy and Enabling Services is responsible for supporting business efficiency, effective decision making, resource allocation and accountability. This is achieved through strategic planning, portfolio planning, budgeting, corporate support services and performance reporting, including corporate plan, quarterly reports and the annual report.
The Director, Portfolio Management supports the Head of Corporate Strategy and Enabling Services in relation to all activities of the Portfolio Management team, including responsibility for developing and regularly updating DHA’s strategy to meet the Department of Defence’s (Defence) current and future housing requirements. It is also responsible for working with outsourced providers to value DHA’s property assets.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the team in establishing and managing all major activities, including the development and implementation of the strategic direction of the portfolio. You will liaise with senior management within DHA and external parties. You will assist in the preparation and presentation of reporting and strategic issues to senior executives, the Board and external stakeholders. You will also be responsible for managing a small team.
You will be accountable for maintaining a strategic oversight of all the key market factors affecting the DHA property portfolio and liaise with all business areas to ensure DHA’s property portfolio strategy continues to meet the contractual requirements with Defence in a financially sustainable way. You will manage and provide input to DHA’s property valuations activities, including oversight of the annual market rent assessment project and day to day valuations activities, which are conducted by outsourced providers.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive experience in achieving strategic outcomes, analysing data and problem solving in a complex property context;
- Experience leading and managing teams in a dynamic environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- High level liaison and negotiating skills, with the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to deliver high quality products and advice with competing deadlines; and
- Experience providing strategic specialist property advice to internal and external stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualifications in Property, Economics or Commerce are highly desirable.
Some of the benefits of working at DHA include:
- Generous employee benefits with a competitive salary packaging
- Employer superannuation contribution of up to 15.4%
- Flexible work arrangements, including family friendly provisions
- Benefits of working for the APS, while in an outcome focused Government Business Enterprise
- Diverse range of interesting projects in high performing and collaborative work environment.
Please note: A 1000 word one page pitch is required to apply for this role.
Applications Close: 7 March 2021.
View Position Description
AUS Eastern Daylight Time
AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Employee Referral Apply now