Assistant Director Security and Fraud
Job no: 492839
Work type: Full Time
Location: Head Office, Canberra
Classification: Executive Level 1
Title: Assistant Director Security and Fraud
Level: Executive Level 1
Salary Range: $110,587 - $134,962 per annum, plus superannuation
Governance is responsible for facilitating and administering compliance with DHA's legislative requirements and overarching governance frameworks, as well as all communication and media activities.
As part of the Governance Operations team, the Security and Fraud team is primarily responsible for providing expert technical advice and overseeing DHA’s fraud and corruption control framework and compliance with the government’s protective security policy framework (PSPF).
You will be part of a highly professional and motivated team to ensure DHA meets its legislative responsibilities in the areas of fraud and corruption, security governance, physical security, and personnel security. The work environment is dynamic and exciting with multiple projects happening concurrently to improve the capability, accountability and performance of the agency. If you enjoy building and maintaining partnerships with key stakeholders (internal and external), want to lead the development of DHA’s fraud and corruption and security activities and are keen to promote their importance in DHA – this is the job for you.
You will have the following skills to be successful in this role:
- Demonstrated experience of working with, and knowledge of, the Protective Security Policy Framework and/or the Commonwealth Fraud Control Framework and associated legislation and systems.
- Advanced communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, written and negotiation) with an ability to build and manage stakeholder relationships.
- A depth of experience working on concurrent projects and activities with a proven ability to achieve results, manage competing priorities and meeting strict deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Proven experience in leading initiatives to identify opportunities to build better practices in fraud prevention and security compliance.
- Practical experience in conducting security and/or fraud investigations resulting in succinct, persuasive and logical reports.
- Experience in managing multi-disciplinary and geographically dispersed teams.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic problem solving and analysis of issues recognising how they impact the broader agency and its reputation.
Benefits for working at DHA include:
• 15.4% superannuation
• Work-life balance and flexible working options
• Generous leave entitlements
For more information please view the position description.
Any questions? Please email: HumanResources@dha.gov.au
Applications Close: Friday 7th of October 2022, 11:55pm AEST
View Position Description
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Employee Referral Apply now