Property Business and Governance Manager
Job no: 492486
Work type: Full Time
Classification: Executive Level 1
The Service Delivery Group is responsible for meeting DHA’s objectives relating to the delivery of high quality housing services, including, provisioning, maintenance services, stock management, housing allocation and living-in accommodation booking services.
The Property function is responsible for the delivery of Developments, Constructions, Acquisitions, Sales, Leasing, Upgrades and Heritage programs. You will assist the Head of Property with managing the efficient operations of the Property function including operational budgets, resources, reporting business outcomes and Governance. You will conduct special projects that support DHAs strategic direction, agency goals and objectives, including undertaking complex analysis and research to align long term planning. This includes high-level involvement in process and system design to increase efficiencies, innovation and respond to business reporting and Governance requirements.
You will provide high quality operational support to senior executives and other stakeholders relating to executive reports, papers and governance related matters. This role provides a unique opportunity for an applicant who wants to be challenged in a busy and dynamic work environment and also has a key operational and networking responsibility working in collaboration with business areas across DHA. Working closely with a wide range of stakeholders, your responsibilities will include overseeing governance structures and standards, and assisting with the management of interdependencies within the Property Group.
You will have a formal tertiary qualifications in a Business, Communications, Management, or a Property related field; including demonstrated experience in project management and/or working within the property industry. You will have highly advanced written communication skills, including the ability to write, analyse and edit documents that explain complex and sensitive operational matters, and facilitate agreed outcomes.
Your excellent verbal communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, including the ability to engage, collaborate and build key strategic relationships with a range of stakeholders. You have a proven ability to work autonomously and be accountable in managing and undertaking work that is complex in nature, including making decisions based on sound judgement, expertise and knowledge.
You will have a proven track record in managing competing priorities, achieving results, coordinating a wide range of activities and adhering to strict deadlines in a high pressure, commercial environment. Demonstrated experience providing operational support such as an Executive Officer or chief of staff to senior executives, including the ability to manage competing priorities, identify issues requiring escalation and providing specialist professional advice.
Highly developed analytical and complex problem solving skills will give you the ability to review and identify emerging issues, risks, exercise professional judgement and provide better practice, strategic advice and recommendations to senior leadership and key personnel in the context of DHA’s operations including the ability to identify and lead business improvement strategies.
For this role, we will consider how well you:
- Co-ordinate the efficient business operation of the Property Function including operational budgets, resources, and business and governance requirements. Conduct special strategic and operational projects including undertaking complex analysis and research to align long term business planning. This includes high-level involvement in process and system design to increase efficiencies, innovation and respond to business governance and reporting requirements.
- Perform independent research and analysis to support the preparation, compilation and finalisation of reports, briefing papers and discussion papers for review by the Executive and Board.
- Analyse and use professional judgement to manage the preparation of, review and edit complex and/or sensitive documents, including: correspondence, presentations, reports, Board Papers, Ministerial papers, Senate Estimate documentation, briefs and other information as required.
- Coordinate a wide range of activities and actions for the Property team whilst adhering to strict deadlines.
- Liaise with a range of senior internal and external stakeholders regarding confidential and sensitive issues that affect DHA, providing detailed and professional advice and information to management regarding operational requirements.
- Engage, collaborate and build relationships with a range of stakeholders, including Executive staff, to achieve positive outcomes in the context of complex, escalated, sensitive or difficult operational or governance matters.
- Responsible for managing and leading a team, building capability, providing performance feedback and encouraging career development.
Please note: this role can be filled in either Canberra or Sydney
View Position Description
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Employee Referral Apply now