Job no: 492485
Work type: Full Time
Location: Head Office, Canberra
Classification: Executive Level 1
Do you want a role supporting our defence personnel? Defence Housing Australia is a Government Business Enterprise providing housing and related services to Australia’s defence personnel and their families. Our housing portfolio at approximately 18,500 properties is one of Australia’s largest, and our properties are located in all states and territories.
We take pride in serving those who protect Australia and our way of life. We are a motivated and professional organisation, welcoming people from diverse backgrounds with both private and public sector experience. We strive to continually look for innovative ways to improve and deliver services to best meet the needs of our customers. We are committed to creating vibrant and healthy workplaces and encourage you to embrace our purpose and join our team. Together we are building an inclusive culture that encourages and supports equal opportunity and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees and the communities we operate in.
The Chief Financial Officer’s Group under the guidance of the Chief Financial Officer, is responsible for the delivery of fiscal management services across the organisation. The Business Planning and Research Services team is responsible for the delivery of a performance framework providing strategic direction, alignment and collaboration across the organisation, with a clear line of sight through all their planning and reporting activities.
The Research Manager is responsible for contributing to this work through:
- Measuring and evaluating performance of activities across DHA in support of the DHA Corporate Plan and business strategy.
- Planning and conducting research as part of DHA’s in-house customer satisfaction survey program, including survey design, collection of data via multiple sources, data cleansing and analysis and preparation of reports.
- Planning and conducting ad hoc research projects including, business data analysis, forecasting, and literature reviews including project planning, design and execution, as well as preparation of research outcomes and reports.
- Assisting with the effective development of corporate plans, reporting and strategic policy papers.
To be successful in this role, you will have experience in evaluation, performance measures and possess strong analytic skills. You will be capable of translating business strategy into performance measurement plans, providing specialist advice to internal and external stakeholders to support decision making and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
You will have a relevant tertiary qualifications, for example in Applied Statistics, Psychology/Statistics, Economics or similar. You will have demonstrated experience in measuring and evaluating performance, including setting key performance indicators linked to corporate strategy.
This role requires demonstrated experience in conducting research and statistical analysis, including but not limited to, designing and validating survey projects with proven ability to collate, analyse and interpret large data sets.
Highly developed written and oral communication skills is key to the success of this role including the ability to prepare reports and papers to support business decision making.
You will have sound negotiation and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders to deliver a strategic, responsive performance measurement and evaluation capability.
Using your sound project management skills, including the ability to work as part of a small team with minimal supervision to manage multiple tasks you will deliver high quality work within agreed deadlines.
This role requires a high level of computer literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Excel at an advanced level; SPSS or similar; survey programming software and customer relationship management systems. Demonstrated experience with Visual Basic, HTML, and CSS as well as programming in R would be viewed favourably.
What are we looking for:
Appointments in the Australian Public Service are merit-based. We will make an assessment of your suitability by looking at what you have done previously – the knowledge, skills and experience you have built, your potential for development, and your personal qualities.
For this role, we will consider how well you:
- Lead the measurement and evaluation performance to support planning, decision making, reporting and governance across DHA.
- Design evaluation and performance measurement plans and reporting, including setting key performance indicators and measures.
- Design research projects that are aligned with corporate strategy and develop new research techniques to suit changing organisational needs and better practice standards.
- Provide specialist research advice to DHA’s internal and external stakeholders, proactively driving change and improvement processes to deliver a strategic, responsive performance measurement and evaluation capability.
- Interpret and analyse internal and external data including survey results using various statistical methods and deliver research findings through written reports, strategic policy papers and presentations.
- Mentor and guide others on the more complex and sensitive aspects of research and associated activities while being accountable for the accurate completion of work programs within timeframes and business requirements.
- Establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships with DHA staff, stakeholders, contractors and third party agencies e.g. Australian Bureau of Statistics.
View Position Description
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Employee Referral Apply now