Human Resource (HR) Generalist
Job no: 492368
Work type: Full Time
Location: Head Office, Canberra
Classification: DHA Level 5
The Human Resources (HR) Group provides support and tools to enable DHA to attract and retain the right people, with the right capabilities, at the right cost to be deployed into the right jobs at the right time.
To be successful in the role you will have proven experience in the HR environment and be a HR professional. You will possess highly developed service delivery skills, and have a proven record of developing positive relationships with a variety of different stakeholders and the ability to communicate and negotiate with influence. You will be comfortable breaking new ground, engaging with risk and continually look to improve workforce outcomes. You will show resilience and agility working within a changing environment.
As a HR Generalist you are required to undertake work that is moderately complex to complex in nature and operate under limited direction. You will be highly organised and accountable for managing your workflow and prioritising work appropriately. You will be responsible for making decisions within relating to the area of responsibility. You should have a degree of initiative and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters. A background in Learning & Development (L&D) will be advantageous.
What we are looking for:
For this role, we will consider how well you:
- Provide effective L&D advice, assistance on fit for purpose L&D solutions, education on L&D practices to the business including scheduling of courses.
- Provide generalise HR advice to the business on areas including rehabilitation case management, performance, conduct and code, HR systems, payroll and recruitment.
- Assist with managing procurement processes, reporting, inbox allocation and general hr advisor duties.
- Make informed decisions using your strong research and analytical skills, your decisions will be underpinned by best practice principles whilst including relevant DHA policies and procedures.
- Work using online recruitment management, payroll (Aurion) and learning management systems and using technology to support business outcomes and continuous improvement.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within the HR Service Delivery team to ensure alignment, cross-skilling and knowledge sharing.
- Positively contribute to business improvement initiatives, implementation and review of systems, policies and procedures.
- Role model behaviours which are inclusive, collaborative and encourage curiosity and innovation.
View Position Description
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Employee Referral Apply now