Assistant Project Manager - Clerk of Works
Job no: 492352
Work type: Full Time
Classification: DHA Level 6
Defence Housing Australia (DHA), we provide quality housing and related services to Defence members and families. In doing this, we support the operational, recruitment and retention goals of the Department of Defence.
The Service Delivery Group is responsible for meeting DHA’s objectives relating to the delivery of high quality housing services, including, provisioning, maintenance services, stock management, housing allocation and living-in accommodation booking services.The Property function is responsible for the delivery of Developments, Constructions, Acquisitions, Sales, Upgrades and Heritage programs.In this role, you will provide expertise and technical knowledge in locations around Australia to Project Managers on residential construction, upgrade and heritage projects, as well as support acquisition and leasing provisioning programs.
You will be required to provide accurate and specialised provisioning advice in all processes including administration of contracts, scoping of works, inspection processes and updating of DHA systems.You will also be responsible for providing your expertise and knowledge with managing builder’s defects and where required, assist with upgrade and refresh projects under the direction of the Project Managers.
You will also provide specialised advice to DHA Regional Office staff to assist with complex building maintenance issues. You will be self-motivated and be required to work under limited direction, organising a range of activities whilst being committed to working within a team environment.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within a residential construction environment with a carpentry and/or building background as well as trade or tertiary qualification in the construction industry.
- A strong decision making ability based on sound judgement, expertise and knowledge.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills including the ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders both verbally and written.
- A strong ability to manage priorities, organise workloads and meet challenging deadlines under limited direction.
- Demonstrated expertise in undertaking complex research work and analysis including the preparation of reports to communicate outcomes.
- Proven experience using a range of database and workflow management systems and experience using the Microsoft Office Suite, preferably including the use of Microsoft Project and Estate Master.
- A demonstrated ability to read/interpret plans and specifications, using them as a tool along with the Australian Standards and National Construction Code to ensure the scope of works is being completed correctly.
- Previous experience in a similar position, providing supervision of trades and direction on works.
- Proven experience in developing plans and objectives for short-term tasks and contributing to strategic planning for longer-term initiatives.
Please note: this role may be filled on a non-ongoing or ongoing basis based on operational requirements.
Where non-ongoing employment is offered, it will be for a specified term of up to 12 months. Any extension beyond the initial term will depend on operational requirements. Any merit pool established from this selection process will remain active for a period of up to 12 months from the date of this gazette and may be used to fill future ongoing or non-ongoing roles.
View Position Description
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Employee Referral Apply now