Job no: 492293
Work type: Full Time
Location: Regional Office, ACT
Classification: DHA Level 4
Defence Housing Australia (DHA) provides housing services to Defence members and their families. In doing this, we support Defence capability and the operational, recruitment and retention goals of the Department of Defence.
As a Property Manager you will manage a portfolio of service residences with respect to tenancy, ownership and property related matters. You will manage your housing stock in regard to condition, presentation to DHA’s standard, current and future maintenance and issues arising. You will also provide excellent customer service to your stakeholders including the tenants and owners (lessors) of properties in your portfolio, the Defence Housing and Relocations Manager and DHA staff in your regional office and in the wider DHA network.
As a member of the property and tenancy team within your regional office, you will contribute to the business outcomes of your regional office including accurate data analysis, adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), monitoring of contractor performance and attainment of key performance indicators (KPIS).
This role requires highly developed organisational skills coupled with attention to detail and an ability to cope with pressure. Your excellent communication skills and customer service focus will be integral to this position in dealing with internal and external customers.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Strong communication skills, with particular emphasis on listening, influencing and expressing opinions with credibility
- Experience in a results driven and customer service focused environment
- The ability to follow instructions and procedures
- The capability to adapt to change in the workplace
- Experience balancing work commitments and working well under pressure.
Some of the benefits of working at DHA include:
- Generous employee benefits with competitive salary packaging
- Employer superannuation contribution of up to 15.4%
- Flexible work arrangements, including family friendly provisions
- Benefits of working for the Australian Public Service, while in an outcome focused Government Business Enterprise
- A diverse range of interesting projects in a high performing and collaborative work environment.
This is a full-time position. DHA’s core business hours are between 8.30am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. DHA operates under flexible working hours and staff may be required to work outside core business hours at times.
The successful candidate will be expected to work during the peak posting period between October and February.
Note: It is a requirement of the position that the occupant holds and maintains a valid drivers’ licence.
Applicants are short listed based on the merit principles contained in the Public Service Act 1999.
Please note: There are multiple non-ongoing vacancies available for a period of 12 months. These roles may be filled on a non-ongoing or ongoing basis based on operational requirements.
Where non-ongoing employment is offered, it will be for a specified term of up to 12 months. Any extension beyond the initial term will depend on operational requirements. Any merit pool established from this selection process will remain active for a period of up to 12 months from the date of this gazette and may be used to fill future ongoing or non-ongoing roles.
View Position Description
AUS Eastern Standard Time
AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Employee Referral Apply now